Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Super Bowl XLV Halftime Show with the Black Eyed Peas: A Brief Summation

It sucked.

Sorry, even with the intervention of Slash (of Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver) and Usher, this was, without a doubt, the worst halftime show ever put on. Evidently, rather untalented folk prancing aimlessly back and forth on stage warbling Ebonics along with preprogrammed karaoke machines in a vague semblance of lyrical aptitude is what goes for music these days.

If I were the NFL, I would demand my money back. Flashing lights and sparkly suits do not make up for lack of musical talent.

P.S. And Christine Aguilera botching the Star-Spangled Banner makes this Super Bowl the worst ever from a performance standpoint. I know Marvin Gaye is dead, but I would've preferred a video replay of his version (or Hendrix's, for that matter) to Aguilera's weak attempt at a capella.

No comments: