Sunday, May 15, 2011

Odds and Ends, or the Blog Version of too many Cigarette Butts in an Ashtray

Sorry for the lack of articles, but I have been incommunicado for the last couple months due in large part to the inordinate amount of time I have devoted to researching the book I am writing, a fantasy novel set in 14th century France, England and the Papal States (sorry, no spoilers here). Being anal retentive and compulsively obsessive when it comes to attention to detail, my research has taken me beyond the mere scope of Internet resources, and as a wordwraith I have found myself haunting university libraries and local bookshops in search of obscure medieval tomes and chronicles (adequately translated due to my piss-poor skills in deciphering medieval Latin, Middle English and Old French).

And what with an already established career and family, my writing time is that minuscule fragment of the day that I must deduct from a sound sleep; ergo, I have had to rob Peter to pay Paul in regards to prioritizing my various creative endeavors and projects (having given up writing fan-fiction altogether at this point). As it is, I have hit the snooze button once too often on many mornings. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it is not a runaway train. The book is finally coming along nicely and I once again have some time to devote to music. So, expect the third installment of "The Greatest Albums of the Progressive Rock Era" shortly.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

ONE HOUSEKEEPING NOTE:

I will no longer be updating the YouTube video links found in the various album and song lists and essays on The Dark Elf File. It is simply too labor intensive to continue editing old articles with new links to the songs I have discussed. Personally, I believe these links are integral in citing important songs and albums, allowing you, the reader, a quick reference to the music I am discussing. However, damn song links go up and down on YouTube all the time, and record labels are getting more and more miserly when it comes to free access to music on the Internet.

So, I will continue to offer links to YouTube with every new song or album article, I just will no longer be updating older articles when those links have gone dead. In any case, you will have the opportunity to look the songs up yourself if you are interested.


Have a great day!

No comments: